How to Ensure Carpool Safety through rideshare platform with Covid-19?
Safety while opting for carpooling through rideshare platform has become a concern for many commuters this year. With 2020 bringing us the worst forest fires and Covid-19, we have had to face the effects of climate change while socially distancing. Using public transportation has become risky. While most try to use their own vehicles now, it is not convenient for everyone to do so.
Carpooling is one of the solutions adopted to reduce pollution, Greenhouse Gas emissions, and ease traffic congestion. Additionally, it is a far more affordable option for daily commutes and became a popular way to travel due its contribution to social well-being. Carpooling is now ill-advised, but still necessary for some commuters. Apps like Uber have introduced options where colleagues can travel together and companies can have dedicated fleets of vehicles via a common rideshare platform.
So how can you ensure the safety of those who travel together through car sharing system?
Precautions To Be Taken while using a Rideshare Platform
The following practices are recommended to be assured of safety while using car sharing platform:
- The first step is to have a transparent partition shield between drivers and commuters for prevention of the spread of coronavirus as already implemented in all Jugnoo Autos and Taxis. Click here for more on Jugnoo Autos.
- Everyone must wear a face mask or tie a strong cloth covering their nose and mouth.
- All drivers and commuters with symptoms like fever, cough, cold, sneezing, and dry or sore throat should stay at home to prevent any risk of transmission.
- It’s advisable to travel with the same group daily.
- Do not make any unnecessary contact with others or others’ belongings inside the vehicle.
- Do not touch your face, especially ears, nose, eyes and mouth.
- Any used tissue must be discarded in closed dustbins outside the vehicle.
- Avoid sharing any food or water.
- All commuters must practice social distancing.
- All commuters must wash their hands with soap before getting into the car as well as upon getting out. Alcohol-based sanitizers with 60-95% alcohol are also widely available for maintaining hygiene.
Cleaning Vehicles when using Carpool Software
All ride-hailing companies should ensure that high-touch surfaces of the vehicles are thoroughly cleaned.
Disinfect all high-touch surfaces in the vehicle like door handles, doors, seats, headrests, arm rests, the steering wheel, the shift lever, the wiper, touch screens, seat belts, and the dashboard to prevent the spread of infection. Opening a window slightly will allow fresh air circulation and minimize any risks from spread through the AC vents.
It is also advised that one minimizes the use of disinfectant directly on the seats depending upon the material. Instead, a microfiber cloth can be sprayed and soaked with disinfectant and then used to wipe the seat.
Jugnoo Taxi Solutions to create rideshare app
There are precautions that need to be taken when carpooling, but the opportunity to create ride-sharing platforms is opening up again. If you are a taxi business owner, you can use an uber clone app like Jugnoo Taxi for efficiently running your enterprise. It offers white label taxi software solutions that will facilitate carpooling. The peer-to-peer carpool offering allows users to find carpool rides with passengers heading in the same direction. Click here to read more about Jugnoo Taxi. Travel safe!