Bolt Clone app- Features, Benefits, and Cost to create an app
Taxify/Bolt is one of the largest competitors facing Uber. It is the second most downloaded app in the number of downloads after Uber across Europe. Started by a 19-year-old with the help of his older brother, Taxify – now rebranded as Bolt – has received a valuation of $1 Billion. While this whole story is inspirational, especially for someone who wants to start up in taxi-hailing services, why is it that you must consider developing a Taxify/Bolt clone app instead of designing an app distinctively? Two reasons:
- The Bolt app has proven to be a successful taxi-hailing application model.
- As a wise man once said, “why to create the new when you can recreate what works?” What do you think? Is it worth thinking about it?
Table of Contents:
- Backend development: The script, the code, or the technical aspects of putting together an app for the consumers and the drivers to use.
- Cloud Servers: Which cloud-based system offers you the most security in the most cost-effective terms?
- Database Management: MySQL, Firebase, and many such database management technologies are available for use and implementation.
- Email notification: A key feature in any app development.
- Geolocation: One of the latest technological features that promises to revolutionize how e-hailing is conducted. Geoanalytics helps riders and drivers align in the most time and cost-effective manner.
- Payment gateway: Your most important partner in business, ensuring a steady and obstruction-free inflow of money. PayTM, RazorPay, PhonePe, and many more available options.
In addition to many more technological features like the web-based front end, SMS notification, etc., these features are required to get your application ready to go. With a SaaS product, these features are taken care of immediately as you purchase them.
Bolt offers interesting features that you would want to include in your application:
- Onboarding: Onboarding riders and drivers and encouraging sign-ups to ensure a steady repeat client base.
- Vehicle / Service Selection: Selection of a range of vehicles from 4 seaters to luxury cars.
- Ride Booking: Ease of booking rides at any time, ensuring vehicle availability to consumers.
- Allocation / Matching: Allocation drivers to riders in the most route optimized way possible, saving money for both the rider and, importantly, the driver.
- Ride / Order Tracking: For ease of finding the vehicle and the driver and passenger’s safety, ride tracking becomes an essential component.
- Promotions & Offers: Promotions and offers make it much more likely for riders to choose your ride-hailing service than competitors with higher price points.
- Notifications & Alerts: Notifying consumers of the latest updates and available promotions serves as a reminder of your app and makes it much more likely to remember your app when they need a taxi.
- Payments: Card, Cash, Payment gateways, and coupons are all valid forms of payment. You decide the number of options available to riders and drivers.
- Reviews & Ratings: Reviews and ratings work on both ends of the bargain – for the riders and drivers alike. Apart from riders reviewing their ride, drivers can also rate their passengers to improve service quality and driver well-being.
- Help & Support: Grievance redressal becomes an essential aspect of planning for the launch of your business. From taxi availability and payment issues to harassment and abuse complaints, you must be prepared for them in your help and support section.
Benefits of a clone app
It is estimated that the start to finish development of an e-hailing app could take anywhere between 12 to 24 weeks, depending on the market experience and technological expertise of the startup team. Taking into account the trials and errors and redesigning features to suit your needs and satisfy your vision of your taxi-hailing service could prolong the launch of the app. Customer feedback and experience also play a key part in determining the final version of the application. In short, we are looking at a considerable amount of time spent developing the app before the business takes off.
A cloned app would significantly reduce this key time, which could help you manage investors and your ideas and redirect your energy towards ensuring maximum profits instead of the latest features. Your technical SaaS team will take care of it for you.
Apps like Jugnoo can support you in creating your taxi service or scooter rental app within a week!
How Much Does a Clone App Cost?
An application that you develop from scratch with a new code could cost you anywhere between $75 to $200 per hour. Your technical team works on the development, which is then multiplied by the weeks; it could take very long for you to get your application user-ready. A bolt clone app, by that measure, would be a much cheaper investment.
If you factor in the knowledge acquisition by SaaS teams, which greatly accelerate the turnaround time for your application as well as give you the best available market features based on their experiences working with different companies, you would also be saving costs that you would have otherwise spent in learning these lessons on your own.
Overall, a clone app developed by a SaaS team is your best investment at a startup stage.
Jugnoo’s e-hailing taxi service application consists of the latest in class technology with features such as route optimization, geofencing, rider and fleet management, great discounts, and promotions. A dedicated technical team aims to serve its clients in the best manner possible.
It also has in detail rider, driver, and admin dashboards that ensure smooth operations of your ride-hailing business. And the best part? It only takes 3 days for Team Jugnoo to set up your rideshare business.